The market for used scissor lifts is hot and you need to act quickly to obtain a good quality used unit. Equally important is doing your homework to ensure the scissor lift you are purchasing is in good shape and will meet your needs including budget and financing options. Here is a quick guide of some of the main considerations when purchasing used scissor lifts:
What to Look for when Buying Used Scissor Lifts
- You get what you pay for with a return warranty
- Check maintenance records and
- Check the equipment for changes or modifications that can affect performance or safety
- Check the hour and odometer meters to know how much use it has had and how it compares to similar units in that price range and model year
- Meets your job requirements for performance and size, load
- Power Unit – Propane, Electric, Diesel
Best Places to find Used Scissor Lifts
Be sure to do your homework when it comes to evaluating and looking for used scissor lifts. Here are some places to search for, research, and purchase used scissor lifts:
- Rental Houses like United Rentals, Stephenson’s Rental, Cooper Equipment, etc.
- Richie Bros. Auctioneers
Benefits to Scissor Lifts Leasing and Financing
Equipment financing and leasing is used by many businesses to acquire the equipment they need to run their day-today operations because of the many benefits it affords business owners. Here are some of highlights to equipment financing for your business:
Low Monthly Payments
By leasing your scissor lift, it allows you to pay easy monthly payments while you earn revenue from the use of the equipment right away.
Improved Cash Flow Management
Equipment financing improves your cash flow as there is little to no upfront costs to obtaining equipment. This makes it easy to manage your monthly cash position and maintain a profit. Lease payments can also be structured as monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, or seasonal to further align your cash flow with the peaks and valleys of your business.
Pay for the Equipment as you Profit from Its Use
When you lease your scissor lift, you put the equipment to work for your business making money. In almost every circumstance, the use of the leased equipment will generate enough revenue to cover off the lease payment early in the month.
Preserves Capital & Keeps Your Cash in the Bank
Equipment leasing allows you to pay for your equipment on a predetermined schedule; typically, monthly, rather than depleting your accounts of cash for an upfront purchase.
Overcome Budget Limitations
Businesses are continuously working within budgetary constraints. Leasing equipment, allows your business to purchase more equipment or better-quality equipment than otherwise would be affordable if you were to pay cash.
What Finance Company Should You be Considering for Scissor Lifts Leasing and Financing Options:
- Jocova Financial provides considerable amount of scissor lifts leasing and equipment financing options for small business.
- Other options to consider www.transactwell.com
- Review leaseworld.org for a directory of equipment financing companies and information.
Here is a quick checklist of what to consider when purchasing a used scissor lift:
- Explore options from various dealers, sellers, and online resources
- Get Pre-Approved for equipment financing
- Inspect the equipment for condition, wear, maintenance
- Ensure the equipment will do not only your current jobs but future aspirations
- Make an offer